• Geneva Airport has been growing in size and structure for years.
• As a world-class international airport, with only one runway, Geneva Airport serves 15 million passengers every year, and the numbers are expected to rise to over 25 million by 2030.
• To accommodate its growing demand, Geneva Airport has been upgrading its infrastructure, and renovating its terminals, cargo holds and hangers.
• At the same time, the airport is improving its entire electrical distribution system, which serves the car parks, the control tower, and everything in between. Electrical renovation however, can create disruption.
• Geneva Airport sought a reliable partner- one that understands the pressures of a global, 24/7 working environment, and one that can deliver trustworthy, innovative solutions in highly sensitive environments.
Reliability and Efficiency with EcoStruxure
Connected Products: SM6 Switchgear, EasergyT200, RM6 Switchgear, Prisma PLV enclosure
• In 2011, Geneva Airport began its exclusive MEGA project (Modernisation Electrical Geneva Airport) together with Schneider Electric.
• This began with a complete renovation and installation of a new medium voltage system- from transformers to distribution equipment to monitoring software
• The project also introduced Smart Panels throughout the site, which enabled airport staff to centralize all energy information and generate accurate energy reports
• Schneider Electric is improving technology and passenger experience at the Geneva Airport without impacting day-to-day operations